1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

should I charge more?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by utterway landscaper, Mar 25, 2005.

1. utterway landscaper

utterway landscaper LawnSite Member

I just got a big account includes landscaping his new home, lawn mowning and maintenece he owns a nursery in jersey so he already has the plants shrubs and trees wants me to use his equipment has auger tractor dump truck he just wants me to plant so it is really just a shear profit job for the landscaping Im getting 175 a week for his lawn using my equipment but I ussally chare 45 an hour for my own labor but since im not using any of my equipment for the landscaping I was just going to charge him 25 an hour labor since im not paying for gas or any hours on my own equipment. do you think this is fair for myself or should I charge more?
  2. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC LawnSite Senior Member

Seems like a pretty good deal you got without having to use your own equipment, but you are using your time. How long do you estimate it will take to complete this landscaping job? If you can budget in the time and it does not affect anything else with regards to your business time, $25.00 seems like a fair price, especially since you dont have to use your equipment plus you have his lawn maintenence. If time is an issue, I would bump up the price or just charge your normal fee. If he can get you more accounts in his area with regards to lawn maintenence, cut him the deal of $25.00 for labor on his property if it leads to other business. Its a judgement call really with regards to your time.
  3. Appalachian landscape

Appalachian landscape LawnSite Senior Member

just give him a job price. I never tell people what I charge an hour. $25 an hr is probably ok, figure it up and see if you can slip an extra $20 or so on to the final price. just in case you bid a little off.