Should I charge more?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Varmint PT, Mar 3, 2011.

1. kilgoja

kilgoja LawnSite Senior Member

yeah if they are happy with you and have used you for a while they aren't gonna change their lawncare person over $5....customers like to stick with someone they know and trust

2. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Raise em, worse case you may lose a few, but chances are you won't lose any. I've never lost a customer over $5.
    Using a push mower blows, I don't even have one....
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

i would explain to them why you are raising the price...have you looked into a 26" mower? i know a few companies make them and it that would fit in these yards it would pay for itself soon enough and save you time

4. Fleur De Lawn

Fleur De Lawn LawnSite Member

Think about if you raise the prices and only lose a couple you will be making the same or more for alot less work.

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

On these small yards in Texas they think you should be using 21" on everything so raising the price won't work. And there are mid size companies that are doing them for less than $30 with 21" units.

6. bstsrvcs

bstsrvcs LawnSite Member

This point cannot be emphasized enough. There has been a paradigm shift in the industry. Good post.