1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

should I do follow-up's??

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by pimowtime, May 4, 2004.

1. pimowtime

pimowtime LawnSite Member

Hello Everyone!!

I recently started my lawn care business. I passed out some fliers and estimates in my hood and surrounding hoods and have not really had alot of response(Ihave only three accounts so far) I've had alot of people tell me they might call me in a few days, but still no word!! I was thinking about follow-up visits?? Does this sound too pushy, or just a friendly reminder?? I really need several more accounts!! any advice ??

2. TSM

TSM LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

follow up- follow up- follow up then follow up some more!

you're not being pushy, you're trying to build a business and provide a service that folks 'hinted' that they may be interested in.

good luck
  3. IndyPropertyCare

IndyPropertyCare LawnSite Member

Always follow up. Doesn't matter if it's residential or commercial....FOLLOW UP.

Can't sell successfully if you don't. People procrastinate about lawn care. Commercial accounts especially, always follow up so they know you're interested. Just have to be cautious and not to sound like you are begging for business too. Be cool, be calm and follow up!

Good luck!
  4. pimowtime

Thank You both!!

It makes sense! Actually that's what I have planned for today! Can't give up now!!:):)
  5. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi pimowtime,

You always increase your chances of a sale when you follow up.

Here is an article that you may want to read.

How to Follow-Up on a Prospect
  6. pimowtime

Hey Gopher:)

Thank you sooo much! that article gave me brand new insight!! I think I know what to plan for now!

P.S.- I got your free 30 day software:)
    pretty cool, indeed!!