should I dump this customer?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Just Cut, Jul 1, 2002.

1. Just Cut

Just Cut LawnSite Member

I had a customer call up today and tell my wife that we needed to come over and clean up a mess that we created, this is the sitution we went to the customers house last week friday to mow, we coiled up the hose with the sprinkler and preceded to mow, today as I stated we received a call stating that there was a rust stain on the flooring of the painted deck and it was my fault because I didnt move the sprinkler back and it has a timer on the water spicket and they have iron in there water, So I went over to look at this and cleaned the stain off, waiting for the person to call back as they were not home, I do not beleive I am at fault I was just being courteus

2. AVRECON

AVRECON LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, dump them and the sooner the better.

3. KDJ

KDJ LawnSite Senior Member

You did the right thing.

Never dump a customer, if you don't like them just raise your price.

4. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

Nah, don't dump him. Beg and plead with him to forgive you. Maybe offer to replace his entire deck. Then the next time he's too lazy to roll up his hose mulch the sh** out of it and tell him
    "Gee I hope it didn't dull my blades"

5. Del9175

Del9175 LawnSite Senior Member

I've believe it's a lot harder to get a good customer than it is to keep him happy.

6. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Give em a second chance if he isn't a pain in the butt all the time. If he is a constant whiner then I would have to say adios.

7. dr grass

dr grass Banned

mowerman - too funny man ... lmfao :D id dump this puke too. lawns are a dime a dozen. pick up another one that will pick up their stuff on their scheduled day of the week. no need for extra, undue stress in your life .

Shep

8. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I would have told them that we moved it only because we had no choice and it should have been move already. But putting it back wasn't going to happen unless she wanted to pay an extra fee for hose removal and replacement.