1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

should I even bother?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BMFD92, Dec 28, 2005.

1. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

two weeks ago we got dumped on with snow and their was about a foot of snow cover. I got all my cleanups done except for one who called at the last minute. Well the snow has melted and all the equipment is locked up in my shed but i am debating whether to just go around with the backpacks and just touch things. I really think it can wait til spring and it was already ok with my customers when it snowed and they said it's fine to wait until spring. But the next 10 days look to be in the mid 40s and i feel that i could get them done. I dont know what to do. What would you guys do if you were in my situation?
  2. horseman201

horseman201 LawnSite Member

We are waiting till after the first of the year. We are in the 40s and 50s this week and they are calling for rain. Looks great here right now. I had been thinking of doing the same thing about cleanups. Then I thought about my kids and my wife (school teacher) being home for the holidays. I am staying home and enjoying them. Just my idea.
  3. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

If OK with the customer, I would wait unless the leaves will cause a problem (killing grass). Take into account of the added time to load equipment from shed. If you can't do it right now, I would wait.
  4. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I would wait. In fact, I am waiting.
  5. lawn_pro

lawn_pro LawnSite Senior Member

Its kind of nice to have everything done that you can, peace of mind I guess. But never seems to happen, I would do it....if you only have (1) left you might as well get it over with.
  6. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

yea I pulled out the backpacks and a push blower and I am going around my route tomorrow just checking in to make sure everything is in order and good shape
  7. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Everything is put away and customers are OK with you waiting, ide just wait.
  8. CamLand

CamLand LawnSite Bronze Member

If the customer called at the last minute i'd talk with them and put them first in the spring...
  9. NEPSJay

NEPSJay LawnSite Senior Member

If you have time now, and the weather is nice, I'd get it done now. You dont know how busy you will be in spring and this would be one less thing off the list. Plus the customer has to look at it all winter long and he might start to rethink things. Dig ur stuff out and go get it done:drinkup:
  10. horseman201

horseman201 LawnSite Member

Wel, after I gave you my advise I had a customer call me today wanting one more clean-up. I will go get it done in the morning to keep things happy for the weekend. Don't want to think they might get someone else while I am home with my feet up. She is one of oue biggest accounts. My wife said it was great having me home this week but would rather be able to pay the heat bill than me sit home with her and our kids for a day.