Should I get a 21" now or wait for the 26" exmark?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lorge, Mar 9, 2005.

1. Lorge

Lorge LawnSite Member

I need to get a new trim mower ASAP. I'm thinking about the snapper commercial 21" and the toro or exmark 21". I know the 26" exmark is supposed to come out in april or so. Should I hold off on the 21" and wait for the 26"? It is 25% wider, but will that really make that much of a difference on small areas which is what I will be using the mower for. And will it cost 25% more? That's up to about $1250 plus tax. That's lookin at about half of a 36" or 48" walk behind, which is a more than twice as productive unit in my mind. It would be hard for me to justify spending that much on a little push mower.

So here's my question:
    Should I get the snapper 21" now?
    Get the exmark or toro 21" now?
    Or wait for the 26" and get it when it comes out?

2. Appalachian landscape

Appalachian landscape LawnSite Senior Member

I honestly don't think you can't beat a honda mower or at the very least a honda motor.

3. Mark P

Mark P LawnSite Senior Member

:) I don't use a 21 much, Ive had a Toro Proline now for 9yrs, it's a 21 with the 4-1/2hp Suzuki, greatest mulching 21 ive ever used, I don't think they make this model anymore but its like the pink bunny just keeps on going i paid 900 for it in 96...Like i said though unless you can't get anything bigger through some gate's Id go with a 36" Exmark belt.....Marks' Mowing Service.

4. Evergreenpros

Evergreenpros LawnSite Bronze Member

A dealer told me the new Exmark 26" will be about $1350 commercial price.

5. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

My dealer said 1400!

6. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

I put a deposit on one at 1349. A 21" toro comm. is around 1100 now so another 250 for 5 more inches and less emptying the bag works for me. I have lots of tiny lawns so it's a good fit for me

7. Yard Perfect

Yard Perfect LawnSite Member

Anybody know who sells exmark in the Pacific Northwest? Sounds like a good mower to me.