Should I get a new W/B or keep my ZTR?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cubzforce, Apr 19, 2004.

1. cubzforce

cubzforce LawnSite Member

Hey Ya'll, Right now i have a cub cadet z-force, 44" stamped deck, but has a 15 horse kawi motor, Its a sweet machine for the money. I bought it because of the motor, the cut width and the sweet pivoting front axle that helps to not scalp. Which i HATE!, Any way, thats all the money i had at the time to buy this machine with and i wanted a ztr because they are fun first off, haha and my back is screwed to death. L-1 and S-5 in my lower back are deteriated and i cant stand long at ALL, unless i keep regular visits to the chiropractor. which feels great afterwards but cost money. But actually i was looking into a more heavier duty cutting machine along the lines or a 32" or 36" W/B. But heres the thing. I am a BROKE ass fireman, LOL, trying to build my business up in lawn maintanence soooo, i would have to sell the machine i have in order to buy a new one, also due to bad credit history when i was younger. Takes FOREVER to get that crap straight. AHHHH! So I would like some help figuring out what to do about that and also if i were to get a great W/B which ones and i am not so sure of a sulky because of the twisting and turning involved and also the chance of gouging yourself with the controls. Man o' man what am i to do. I know i sure am sounding picky, but heck, i outta be, i am the one gonna be using it and i want something that is perfect for me and fits my specs. Help a fellow lawn guy and a firefigher out here. Thanks ya'll:(
  2. Bull

Bull LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Cubzforce - if you are having back problems why is that you are now considering a walk behind? Is your Cub paid for? How much can you afford to spend and what condition is your business in? What type of properties will you be doing? I know this is a little intrusive but you asked for help. All of the above questions will have a bearing on what you should or should not do.
  3. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

I used to have a very bad back until I bought my Exmark wb. I dont know how to explain it from a medical viewpoint, but I have fealt 100% better since making the switch. I also use a velke x2 to ride my larger accounts and it doesn't bother me at all. Dont worry about the "twisting and turning". Sitting and riding is one of the worst things you can do for your back.

Sell the cub and use the cash to get you into a good wb, even a used one.
  4. cubzforce

cubzforce LawnSite Member

Hey Bull, yeah i paid cash for the cub with some inheritance money. wasnt much but it bought me a new mower. I was considering a w/b because i know it will take less time to do my yards than the mower i have now. I figured with the accounts i have ( all residental) having small gates going to their back yards or in some other cases just small yards. a 32 or 36" would be perfect. I wanted a rider because of my back. BUT i really dont think it was perfect for me at the time. It was sort of an impulse buy. But i did alot of research and for the money and opptions it was perfect for me at the time. I am just a broke as fireman, and only have like 5 yards i keep up now. I want to do some advertising but i dont know how where or how much. I am thinking if i sold my cub, then i would be able to get atleast 2800 bottom dollar for it. I bought it in july of 03 and it only has 17 hours on it. LOL And dont worry about being intrusive. I just want some help. thanks.