Should I get rid of my Walker for Hustler?

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by tonym, Apr 24, 2005.

1. tonym

tonym LawnSite Member
    from PA

I have a Walker C 16hp 42" GHS. 150 Hrs. Used only for my 1 acre lawn. Last year it took a new engine and now this year it needs a new Hydro. The Walker dealer is going to see if Walker will cover the Hydro (it is a 98). I am pretty fed up with this thing having something major go once a year, I baby it. SO I was thinking of getting a Hustler Fastrack or Mini Fastrak or maybe an Exmark CT or HP. Hustler dealer is close to my house, so is a Cub Cadet dealer , but I do not hear anything good about them (cub Cadets, the dealer is great). I would like to keep the price under $5500. But then I think about getting rid of this Walker that would cost alot more new and it is still like new (especially now with new motor and new hydro, and belts and battery). What do I do?

2. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Keep the Walker. You can do a lot of repairs over the years for what it will cost you for a new machine.

3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

What did the dealer want for hydro installed? I have a used Walker with 1000hrs on it that has a little hitch in the drive on one side and I am thinking it may be pump/

4. lawncare4u

lawncare4u LawnSite Senior Member
    from S>C>

Let the Walker go--and----get the Hustler

5. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah i would go for the hustler too.

6. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Definately get a Hustler.

7. tonym

tonym LawnSite Member
    from PA

I still have not heard the estimate. But I am hoping they talk Walker into covering the Hydro, 150 hours and shot for no reason.

8. Appalachian landscape

Appalachian landscape LawnSite Senior Member

why get rid of it if it's going to have a new engine and hydro system? seems like it will be fine now.

9. tonym

tonym LawnSite Member
    from PA

Thats my problem. But thats what I thought when I put a new engine at 120 hours. Now a new Hydro a few hours later, whats next, the other hydro? Or do I look at like it should be fine ? Which would you guys rather use if the speed were not the most important issue?

10. EC-Rider

EC-Rider LawnSite Member

I would SELL the Walker, turn right around and buy a NEW Hustler Fastrak with a FOUR YEAR WARRANTY. payup

Make any sense?? LOL! :blob3:

Oh wait!
    …You’ll probably get enough money from the Walker sale to come out with some change in you pocket After the Hustler buy!
    Just let us know how much you want for it. :blush:

Good luck and I hope you make the right choice.

It’s all good! Enjoy! Peace! :angel:

Regards,

EC-Rider :waving::