1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Should I get this trailer?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by iheartJMS, Oct 19, 2011.

1. iheartJMS

iheartJMS LawnSite Member

So I currently work for a guy who has his own lawn maintenance company but plan to branch off and do my own thing on the side next spring. I came across this trailer and was wondering what you guys think. Is it a good deal? Should I jump on it?

The trailer is a 5x8 with the standard ramp tailgate. Looks pretty clean and the tires are like new. I can get it for $300.00. Is this a steal?
  2. grasshopper91

grasshopper91 LawnSite Member

Yeah thats a good price. Its better if the floor has boards instead of the wire mesh but either way its a good price IMO
  3. iheartJMS

iheartJMS LawnSite Member

Floor does have boards :)
  4. jequigle

jequigle LawnSite Member

What do you have and plan on putting on it. I have a 5'x10' and i have a zero turn and a push more and I wish I had gotten a 6'x10' or a 6'x12'
  5. silvermaxd

silvermaxd LawnSite Member

to small...6x12 or 6x14
  6. 2stroked

2stroked LawnSite Senior Member

That's a great deal, take it! You can fit a stander, zero turn, or tractor on there with ease.
  7. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I run a 5x8. Good way to start, but I have found I want to move up to a 6x12 to 7x14 to get all my mowers, etc on one trailer instead of having to run home to change mowers for different jobs.
  8. 32vld

32vld LawnSite Gold Member

I have a 4x8. Fit on 42" JD rider, 20" pusher, line trimer, blower, 2 gal and 1.5 gal gas cans.

When ready to move up I want a 6x12.