1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

should I go Toro or Exmark?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Billpa, May 27, 2004.

1. Billpa

Billpa LawnSite Member
    from pa

I'm going to pick up a 48 wb soon and have narrowed it down to a Toro proline (from what I understand has a sfs deck) or a Exmark metro. my question is which is going to give me the best cut when the grass is wet? like some of the other guys on the site I have the problem of almost daily rain so next to comfort the water is a big concern.

I'm new to the site so forgive me if there is a good post that answers this already, I tried searching and came up with some info but what I mostly found discussed the new Toro turbo force decks and it seems about a 50/50 opinion on the sfs.

so whatcha think, which would be the best machine to get by with until I make the big bucks?
  2. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

Exmark. I weighed all everything and the model I bought (Laz HP 52") just seemed better built. I guess it's the same company but Exmark builds them diff than Toro...at least for now.
  3. chevyman1

chevyman1 LawnSite Senior Member

neither, go with Ferris
  4. ZER

ZER LawnSite Member

I agree, go with Ferris.
  5. creek chub

creek chub LawnSite Member

I can't comment on other brands but I'm extremely happy with my exmark metro 36". I know it's an entry level mower but I couldn't be happier. Well, that is not completely true. I have to mow at my full time job and we got a lazer. It's sweet. But I don't think you can go wrong with any exmark product.
  6. BigEd

BigEd LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

That should be your deciding factor between the two,
  7. Billpa

Billpa LawnSite Member
    from pa

thanks for the input

I believe both my toro and exmark dealer will be comparable when it comes to service.

Also I think I want to stay away from pistol grips so that rules out the Ferris but thanks for the suggestion.

I really dig the exmark controls so if that machine is going to give me an equal or better wet cut then I think that would be my choice.

I wish I would have found this site long ago, I've learned a lot in the last few days.

thanks guys
  8. chuckers

chuckers LawnSite Senior Member

i love my grasshopper for wet grass..
  9. lawnmedic1

lawnmedic1 LawnSite Member

Go for the welded deck(ex-mark). Drive that stamped deck into a couple of trees and you end up with a bent deck...Chuck