1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Should I jump on this?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cajuncutter, Jun 20, 2007.

1. cajuncutter

cajuncutter LawnSite Senior Member

I called a Hustler dealer about 45 miles away from me to get a price on a Z and he has a Super Z with a 28 EFI, 60 inch XR7 deck 2007 model for 8700 no tax since I am in a different State. They will deliver it to me. Is this a pretty good buy or does Hustler usually have better deals comming in the fall?
  2. nmurph

nmurph LawnSite Senior Member
    from ga

if you are sure of your facts on this, i would be on it like stink on a june bug. that mower has a msrp of $11,699 with a factory discount of $1500 until july 31st. you would be buying it for $1499 less than the effective msrp.
  3. cajuncutter

cajuncutter LawnSite Senior Member

Yes my facts are correct. That is the price I would pay. I would just have to drive an hour one way if something were to happen. The good thing is he, the dealer, promised me if it were to go down during warranty I would be on something while in repair. He said it might not be a hustler but it will be a commercial zero turn mower. They deal GrassHopper, ExMark, Hustler and a couple of others.
  4. nmez21

nmez21 LawnSite Senior Member

I've heard a lot of great things about the 28EFI lately. As far as waiting for a "fall deal", I didn't notice Hustlers going for more than $200-$300 less than they were at this time of year, last year at my dealer. Sounds like a good deal.