should I partner up?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by T888, Jun 27, 2011.

1. T888

T888 LawnSite Member

yes, i did read part of the thread u posted, i also searched on the search option and found a ton of info. I think for time being i will work with him and as some one said earlier, use him to cover for me if i should get hurt or need a break from work.

Would like to thank all yall for posting

2. mad87man

mad87man LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Go out and go by your self. You can take whatever jobs you want, you can turn what you don't down. If you wanna get bigger you can. Its just overall easier. When you are alone and want a new piece of equipment you can just go get it, if you have a partner then you have to split it and ask if they want it too. Just an overall bad idea. Get a helper instead. if ya smell what i'm cookin.

3. tkenned6

tkenned6 LawnSite Member

So far its been alright for my partner and I, but im pretty sure that next year ill go solo and just have him as my employee. There are just too many situations where i want the final say and to have control without being a jerk, or situations where i feel like he isnt doing enough.

4. jiggz

jiggz LawnSite Senior Member
    from jerz

I you both have a hard work ethic...both agree on pricing..and both want a successful business in which "you can make stacks" and your both highly skilled in all landscaping areas..

then there is no reason why the both of you cant run there own successful companies..

it only ends one way.. crash and burn!!! If i want to take off tuesday to rock with my family.. i really dont want to hear **** from someone that knows less about grass then me lol

5. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

And this is where it will get ugly. He will want you to buy him out for a ridiculous price and he will never work as hard for you as when he had a vested interest in the business. Splitting a partnership is worse than getting a divorce.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. T888

T888 LawnSite Member

every one and i mean every one strongly agrees on this, so that must mean something. I think i will follow all y'all advice on this. It just sound so fun to be partners and work together.

Now what would u say about working closely with like a brother? but it is my company. but he is like allowed to give quotes?

7. Patriot Services

Ever wonder why companies have one CEO, one President, one Chairman? Kingdoms only had one King. Get the idea.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. T888

T888 LawnSite Member

i see what u are saying.

9. Ray-Ray

Ray-Ray LawnSite Member
    from Ga

How do i knw what to charge for Shrub trimming and tree trimming?

PLS help meeeeeeeeeeeeee

10. Patriot Services

Maybe you should get a partner that knows how to quote?
    Posted via Mobile Device