Should I put this on my bid sheet?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mownredneck, Jan 26, 2005.

1. mownredneck

mownredneck LawnSite Member

I was makein a new bid sheet today, and thought about puting this below my prices: *Prices may not be the lowest but we promise to deliver the best quality gauranteed. Do ya'll think thats a good idea? Feedback will be greatly appreciated.

2. ofishil

ofishil LawnSite Member
    from TX

sounds ok to me... theres a guy here who has an ad in the paper and it says something like "im not cheap but im reliable". those may not be the exact words...

3. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I suppose it sounds good to me. If it is true, then I say why not...

4. mownredneck

I like to be different and was just trying to make myself stand out from everybody else. I also do make sure that my work is top of the line just wanted make make sure they know they are getting what they pay for.

5. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

looks good, but, what is the garantee, watch your wording or you may be mowing for free.

6. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

I personally would not include that. Reason being it makes you sound like you are over charging. You are also making them focus on price as the main factor. I never just mail a bid in unless it is a sealed bid. If they are not willing to meet with me to discuss my proposal then they are only price shoppers anyway and I stay away from them.

7. EasylyConfused

EasylyConfused LawnSite Member

I'm not very experienced, but I wouldn't even bring up the fact that your more Exspensive. Like in that Thread I read yesterday about a lady claiming to be charged $175? or some outrageous price to have her drive way cleared. If this is your way of trying to attract customer's I don't think I would go for it. People might be happy your honest, but they probably will look for someone cheaper in the end anyhow. But like I said, I'm not very experienced in the mowing business.

8. mownredneck

I appreciate your comments yall have brought up some good pionts. I dont think that I will put it on there like you said if there not interested in me then let them get the cheapo. Thanks guys

9. scaglawnsnj

scaglawnsnj LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

what would gmj do..
    at the bottom of mine
    GMJ IS PROUND TO SERVE YOU!!THANK YOU FOR THE BUSINESS!!
    sounds like uncle sam

10. mownredneck

I just thought that if I put it on there they would look at the quailty of the work man ship not the price. I try to have resonable prices but ur res. price could be diff. from mine