1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

should i quit my job?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by rb3771, Aug 1, 2005.

1. rb3771

rb3771 LawnSite Member

I've been quietly observing all the posts and really thinking over all the advise given and i think i've come up with a plan. I usually have Sundays off so i can keep my job and start off with 5 or 6 properties to get established. My ten year old son really wants to be a part of it and he loves mowing our yard and does an excellent job. It would work out great for both of us. I would get the job done faster, spend time with my son, teach him a good trade and we both make a little money. The only catch is the liability of having a minor mowing someone else's property. You professionals will have a field day with this one! And for the record, my wife hates the idea too. But he is the most mature ten year old i've ever known. The kid can handle anything i throw at him and i know the customers would be satisfied with our work. And of course i would be working with him (him mowing while i do the edging, trimming and clean up). Please tell me what you think.

2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Don't quit a job to start this late in the season. Do that in the spring.