1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Should i rake leaves?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by mwells7, Nov 20, 2007.

1. mwells7

mwells7 LawnSite Member

im new to this whole landscaping thing and i was wondering if i should rake leaves this fall to keep my cash flow flowing. Do you think its a good idea. how much should i charge.
  2. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Rake? Who rakes leaves these day's unless its raking them onto the tarp. Buy a good commercial backpack blower like Echo's PB755 or Stihl, Red Max you'll save a lot of time.
  3. DuraCutter

DuraCutter LawnSite Senior Member

Try the search feature. It really does work and all the answers to questions you haven't even thought of will show up in posts.

Good luck

4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Well if manual labor is your thing you'd be way better off cleaning gutters, that's probably one of the few things I can see being semi profitable without power tools. Run ya 2-300 for the ladder thou, then again you might have one.

As for raking leaves for cash fuggedaboutit, better off get a job at Walmart.
  5. Cheapscapes

Cheapscapes LawnSite Member

here in Ny we had snow..rain...all on top of the few leaves that fell...sheesh..its a mess..i couldnt even picture raking the yards i still have to do...but when they get wet the only choice is to rake-em onto a tarp..dragging them to where they gotta go..i hate the fall.....
  6. Allens LawnCare

Allens LawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

"what's A Rake"
  7. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

It's has a wooden handle connected ''O'' never mind lol...
  8. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

You can say that again...
  9. Rick.ULS

Rick.ULS LawnSite Member

Hi There,
    Get A Walker Mower And Rarely If Ever Touch A Hand Rake. As Far As Money, In My Opinion(with 14 Years Behind It)not Under $40.00 Per Man-hour. Good Luck!
  10. landscaper22

landscaper22 LawnSite Senior Member

Well a Walker would be nice, but if you can't afford one now, you should atleast get a good powerful backpack blower. It will make a leaf cleanup job much easier and faster than raking.