Should I register this name?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Greg313, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Greg313

Greg313 LawnSite Member
    from Houston

I'm going to be registering my business names in a few weeks and I am wondering what ya'll think of TooTall Lawn Care. It sort of has a double meaning, I'm 6'5 and people's grass to too tall. My wife had asked me a few months ago when I was going to register my name what would I call it. At that time I really didn't know and just said "TooTall Lawn Care" well for my b-day a few days later she had some magnetic signs made with that name on it. We like the name but don't know how well it would work for a business. I was probably going to register two names one using TooTall and one using my last name just to have those locked in for when I get everything rolling. What do ya'll think.

2. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

sounds fun.....:)

3. cpritch

cpritch LawnSite Member

I like it too. I think it's kind of catchy. It's way better than mine!

4. grassmanak

grassmanak LawnSite Senior Member

yes you should register your name, not sure what it cost there, but its only 100.00 for 10 years here, and someone could easily register your name just because they cant think of a better one

5. Greg313

Greg313 LawnSite Member
    from Houston

Thanks Dave. How's the weather up there...my Dad and Grandparents live around New Philadelphia.

6. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

only two plowable snow events so far this year, and too wet to finish any fall cleanups...:realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: 5 weeks till spring

7. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

I like it, catchy. Do a ficticous name search on it and see if its available.

8. Green-Pro

Green-Pro LawnSite Bronze Member

I like it a lot very catchy/entertaining, it will surely make folks take notice. In Iowa we register our business name with the Secretary of State when filing Articles of Organization, in order to become an LLC or Corporation. Iowa S.o.S. has a page where we could do a search of the states database to see if the name was already taken. Don't know if Texas is similar so not sure if this will help but may be worth a look. I wouldn't think the name would be taken, but seeing how you are in Texas and how Two Tall Jones was a Dallas Cowboy, ya just never know.

Great name, Good Luck.

9. K.Carothers

K.Carothers LawnSite Bronze Member

I just registered that name with the gov and also bought the domain. If you want it back, cough up 5 grand :p

Just kidding. I think the name fits you. Go for it

kc

10. Greg313

Greg313 LawnSite Member
    from Houston

:gunsfirin payup Haha thanks....I might be registering alot sooner in that case.