Should I sell my Hot Rods for new truck?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Irwin97, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Ole grass cutter

Ole grass cutter LawnSite Member
    from FL

I sure hope not. I would like to see pics of them. That new truck will be worth nothing in 15 years the HR's will only go up more in value. That is a no brainer decision for me. Buy a nice used work truck that is a couple years old and save a bunch of money in the long run.

2. Irwin97

Irwin97 LawnSite Member

Hey everyone ... been busy with new equipments and trailer arriving last three weeks. We are getting ready for Spring with 10 new contracts so its been hectic for us esp a small family business :)

The trucks is still with me but wouldn't be against selling them off if someone offer me right price. I know they have value and hold them well ... I just don't need them right now and feel that growing my business with new truck might will benefit us in longer run.

+ also these both trucks is not only ones I have so thinning out herd might won't be a bad thing ha.

3. RonWin

RonWin LawnSite Senior Member

I think my new 2013 f350 6.7 powerstroke /w reading versatility landscape dump body IS my toy :) 2013 TT 52" toy too.

:usflag:

Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
  4. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

A lot of people may not know it, but you can use your classic car collection within your 401k.

5. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Your kind of proving my point by saying that. If all you or any of these other guys want out of life is a new pick up and mower have at it. I will be on my Harley, in my motorhome, on my boat, cruising in my 10sec Camaro etc. Not trying to be an A** but there is waaaay more to life than nice equipment. I did't get that as a teenager when I started in this business, but 12 years later I more than get it.

6. Ole grass cutter

from FL

:laugh: Ron Win if that is your toys you must not have been in business very long. Give it time they will not be toys. They will become just tools to make money to buy toys with.:drinkup:

7. Ole grass cutter

from FL

BINGO we have a winner!!!!! I have been in business for 30 years this past Oct. The business has been good to me and my wife it has allowed us to buy many toys over the years for us and our sons who are grown now. Tools are fun when you first start out but after that they are just tools. Enjoy life folks it's short and before you know it your getting old and can't do what you once could. Here is one of my toys I am enjoying now.

38 chevy coupe.jpg

8. Ole grass cutter

from FL

Please explain!!!

9. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Open a "self directed" IRA. It has to be legit, you cant use your Sunday Driver as a retirement investment. It wouldn't be worth fooling with unless you had a rather large collection.

Personally I do all my investing post tax, on my car hobby sometimes Ill sell something so I can purchase something else. Buying and selling is a lot eaiser with titles in your own name.

10. Irwin97

Irwin97 LawnSite Member

I guess everyone's view on certain things are different than others. I'm young and think I can afford to let few things go in order to expand my business.

So maybe down the road I can buy something bigger like my own land, building nice cabin as full time home and so forth.

Here's my 52 ... :)

photo-8.JPG