Should I sell the Grasshopper?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Green Acres, Jan 15, 2001.

1. Green Acres

Green Acres LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Grasshopper that I was thinking of getting rid of come spring time. It's a 93 721 (21hp Kubota) with a 60" deck on it. It has been a good machine for me. It has about 2000 hrs on it and nothing major seems to be the matter with it. It needs to be painted which I plan on doing if I keep it. What do you think I should ask for this piece of equipment? I would like to sell it and maybe get a walk-behind since I have a Lazer Z and the grasshopper was mainly a back-up last year and used on some of the bigger accounts. So please give me any suggestions you think are relevent. Thanks

2. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

Lazer is good but they break too.Id make the
    grasshopper a project and hold to it.
    Then test market for it once an a while.
    You never know when somebody who needs it
    pretty bad will come along.Until then u got
    a good backup.TM

3. lawn perfections

lawn perfections LawnSite Member

i am with awn, you need a back up. the second you sell the grasshopper is when you will have to put the lazer in the shop.

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I agree the same. I run a Lazer, and keep an old Gravely 300 rider with me for back up. I couldn't IMAGINE trying to tacckle it with my walk behind!

5. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Ditto everybody else. Don't sell any equipment that is still in good shape, you will need it one day. I would sell it when you are ready to purchase another machine but not until then.

If it ain't broke-------don't sell it!