Should I sell

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by mwlawns, Jun 3, 2012.

keep it or go with 2 mini's

1. keep it

2. sell, go with 2 mini's

Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. mwlawns

mwlawns LawnSite Member

I'm asking for help in deciding on which route to go, should I keep old faithful aka bobcat 630 or move to sell and purchase 2 mini skid's? Engine was rebuilt last year, old faithful is stronger than my friends 773 and 863, with video proof!! I can't kill it no matter how hard I try, however the only thing it gets used for right now is to load up mulch for my LCO or customers, decorative stone for my LCO or customers, and salt in the winter time. I know we would use the mini skid's more so on clients properties for landscaping, mulch, etc. but what i have is not hurting anything by NOT leaving the property other than grading, Heavy hauling, irrigation(trenching) and so on. Give me some insight and honest opinions,not bashing, just opinions from people who have had or do have both
  2. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

If it runs good and still is powerful, I'd keep it. Is it paid for?
  3. mwlawns

mwlawns LawnSite Member

O my yes. It has been paid off for quite some time, over ten years. I just like the idea of being able to put a mini on one of my mower trailers to redo landscaping every year and they could cut at the same time they redo the landscaping. BASICALLY I'm eliminating the landscaping crew and moving them into the maintenance side BUT still doing landscaping. productivity is what im looking for. why send two guys to a location to cut at an acct that the landscaping crew is already at? Thank you for your input it is needed in my decision
  4. DavidsonLandscaping

DavidsonLandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Would keep it, give it some paint if it needs it. Get a mini if you wish, but more than likly there will be a time when your gonna need her again.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

The Minute you sell it, you will need it.
  6. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Bingo. At the beginning of the season I lmost sold my skidsteer to get a mini tracked skid. So glad I didn't, becuz I would be regretting that decision. Now I'm in process of upgrading to a larger fullsize tracked machine. In my case, I would rather have the fullsize machine and rent a mini when needed.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. mwlawns

mwlawns LawnSite Member

Well I also forgot to mention I use this moreso in the winter time for snow removal. What does a mini cost to rent these days? Also what is a good brand to consider purchasing so I can budget it in next year instead of more mowers again
  8. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Depending on the attachments rented less than 200 a day / 500 week.
  9. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

Sell it now!