Should I start back?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by larryinalabama, Apr 10, 2014.

1. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

I picked up a customer late last season, I actually gave her an estmate early in the year, but because I couldn't get to her in the next day she went with someone else, that didn't work, and I started in late August. Its an easy house, but once the grass stoped growing I could come back out until no leaves were left on the ground, so I got reamed on that trip. I preshure washed her house, and gave her a real good price, but she agrued over that.
    She hasent called me, Im thinkin of not calling her back. I only have one other account to contact, and lost one over winter due to Death. Im a little over booked.

So the question shouled I call her back?

2. pdreibels

pdreibels LawnSite Senior Member

If you're already overbooked why waste your time on a Cheapy McCheapskate?? Thin out the riffraff
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. CreativeLawncareSolutions

CreativeLawncareSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

No. You already knew that, though.

4. 205mx

205mx LawnSite Silver Member

If you can find a few minutes to mow- I'd mow it and mail a bill. If she disputes. Say sorry we will cancel service, I'll look for your check in the mail, thank you.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Bryan27

Bryan27 LawnSite Member

If you are overbooked, it sounds like she may be the one you need to get rid of. No sense in working yourself to death for a customer who doesn't sound like she appreciates it.

6. larryinalabama

It takes about 2 and 1/2 hours to do the property.

7. pdreibels

pdreibels LawnSite Senior Member

Has she ever given you trouble over the lawn price? And are you making what you need/want off the mowing?
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. larryinalabama

I generally don't have any problems whatsoever with customers, I just started this one at the end of last season. I think she may try to get me to come on a needed baises which wont happen.

9. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

On demand service is a big no no when you have routes to run.