Should I???

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by bahamamills, Jul 11, 2007.

1. bahamamills

bahamamills LawnSite Member

Should I???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is really not what I wanted but then again can not really afford what I want now anyway. Sorry for the back ground but here goes. I was at the lake this weekend with some friends who my son works part time with in the landscaping business. I told them that my current mower/tractor was too big and with my lawn drying up and burning I wanted a smaller unit a walk behind. To make a long story even short they said they new someone who actually lives about 3 miles from me that had one sitting in a barn unused. This same mower was originally purchased by one of their sons who did not last in the business.

Here it is.... Not sure on the year made.... But only 28 hours.
    Model Number 925669
    Serial 04071570
    Any idea of knowing the year made. It comes with the side bag and after cutting for about an hour with the H-Bar is great and the thing cuts smooottttttth. It does have the grass collector as well but no velke

What would this be worth ?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

That unit was made in July of 2004.
    The thing is though is that mower from the first one we made to the last one were identical.
    It is the smaller of the 2 48's we offered, the more popular unit was the 17hp.
    Regardless that mower is basically new still with those hours.
    I would think 3k would be reasonable to pay.

Pj

3. bahamamills

bahamamills LawnSite Member

Thanks Pj, I ended up picking it up for 2300.00 and with only 29 hours and the grass catcher I could not be happier. Now the hunt is on for the sulky,,

4. Accu-cut Lawn Care

Accu-cut Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

If you don't end up buying this unit, shoot me a pm. IF the price was right, I'd pick it up and pay with cash. This is a very nice machine.

5. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

You stole it....
    Congrats on the new mower!!