Should it b named this?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawncare3, Feb 24, 2003.

1. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I am in the process of naming the business but, I don't want to have the same name as all the other lco's. I am going to be living in Englewood Co and I was thinking what is your opinion on putting my last name as the name of the business (Engel) I am thinking of naming it Engelwood Lawncare. I just wanted to get the name away from the average marvin. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

So where does the "wood" come from?

I take it your parents are moving to CO is why the change?? Is there a job change for one of them or something like that?

3. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

You should be able to check the State and County/Town registry to see if that name is already taken. My guess is that it is! Make sure you do register your name before you begin to use it. That's a real good way to make enimies real quick in your new location!!!

If you want to get away from the average name then pick something that doesn't include your name or reference to your location.

My business name started out as a joke slogan really. But somehow, like those bad nicknames, it ended up sticking. The slogan was...

Make your neighbors
    Green
    with
    Envy
    Lawn Service
    & Landscaping

4. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't think that would be a good name. It would come off to most people as a mis-spelling of the name of your town...which wouldn't look very good at all. Try again...
    :sleeping:

5. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yea, my dad got a job transfer and we all have to move down there.

Wood comes from the town name Englewood, Colorado

6. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

What happened to Gator Mowing????

Might be better off just mowing as 'the kid down the street'.
    Or maybe 'Joe or John Engelwood Mowing'.

Not trying to discourage you, but man...don't get in over your head.

Good Luck in CO! Home of the Walker (right?)!