Should my dealer carry Redmax?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Grits, Dec 22, 2007.

?

Should my dealer carry Redmax?

1. YES

38 vote(s)
    86.4%
  2. NO

6 vote(s)
    13.6%
  1. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

My dealer is a friend of mine (knew him before he started in the biz). He currently carries Echo handhelds. He is thinking about carrying Redmax. Do you think he should? I don't have any experience with Redmax. Thanks ya'll.

2. 1cooltreeguy

1cooltreeguy LawnSite Senior Member

heck, if he wont do it. you should do it... no brainer if market is available.

3. Birdjr

Birdjr LawnSite Senior Member
    from nnj

redmax is a far superior machine then echo makes.

4. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree with this statement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! go Redmax!!!!!!!!!!!

5. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I personally dont like redmax....blowers or trimmers....especially trimmers. But ALOT of guys love them...Im sure your friend would sell alot of them.

6. Lugnut

Lugnut LawnSite Senior Member

Unless Echo treats him very well for only carrying their handhelds, there is no reason not carry two brands to bring in new customers and give the people who walk through the front doors some choices.

7. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Definitely add Redmax if possible.

8. shane mapes

shane mapes LawnSite Senior Member

don't take this the wrong way . is redmax better ? i have never heard of the line until i got on this site . i don't know of a dealer here in cal. i'm probably wrong but just like Honda theirs only a few dealers in the county i live in . but that's the mower i use the most ....

9. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I never heard of Redmax until I came here either, but I read few complaints and the Redmax name gets mentioned alongside others like Stihl and Echo, it stands to assume it makes for solid competition.

Beyond that I do agree he should carry more than one brand, then re-stock heavier that which he sells the most of.
    Which that ought to be common sense but I mean as far as how many models to carry and so on.

10. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

Should at least check into it and see.

Had a couple Reps in the other day and they were talking about Redmax being under Husky controll. BTW - They are not Reps for either. They said Husky was doing some big things, getting rid of certain people they felt were not helping the product. They also stated that a few long time Echo engineers from the comm. devision were upset with the direction Echo was going and went to work for Redmax. They both seemed to think that it was going to be a major improvement and were actually excited about it. Which is weird when they are pushing other lines.

I also just read that Husky was expanding a Redmax plant in China that should be up and going in 2009, and they were dumping big $$$ into them. It stated that the R&D development of Redmax got a good chunk of that money.

Have to see what happens.