should prices be different

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by GREENFISH, Jan 10, 2003.

1. GREENFISH

GREENFISH LawnSite Member

Fertilizers with set conditioners verses not.

Should pricing be different because of the time frame between applications.
    For instense.

Product "A" has a feeding span of 3 months
    10k at $30
    Product "B" has a feeding span of 3 to 4 weeks
    10k at $24

Should I be compensating for the difference in time span with a difference in pricing.

Sole applicator and part time income, looking to maximize time and not be out there 24/7. :blob4:

2. fblandscape

fblandscape Banned

USUALLY, sythetic organics, and natural organics are more expensive than your salts. The type of fertilizer you use depends on your applications. Are your soils more sandy? If so then you will need to use salts, because the organics will leach. Do your customers want you to spoon feed their lawns like is done on the golf course? Personally I would say to use the organics. By using them you will make more money due to less time being spend on applications. It is however completely up to you. Which ever product you use, just tack on whatever you normally do and thats about it.

3. f350

f350 Banned
    from mi

K.I.S.S.

4. I give them an averaged price for the amount of app they will get a season for the program they sign u and pay for. anything extra is of course extra.

I don't make a lot on the pre em app but the rest I do.

5. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

Average them. Differences will generate stupid questions and stupid ideas with your clients. Exception being specialty or non-scheduled apps.