Should we do it?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WoodBrothersLC, Jan 13, 2005.

1. WoodBrothersLC

WoodBrothersLC LawnSite Senior Member

One of our best customers moved in with her boyfriend and her daughter moved into her old house. We haven't kept much of any contact with the original lady, but she still sends the check when we send a bill to her original house. The question is, she had some limbs fall in the recent ice storm here, and her daughter hasn't answered our calls at all, so should we do the work and bill her since there never has been much contact anyways, or leave it be. If we leave it though, once spring comes around she will want it picked up when we could dump it at our city limp dropoff for free. Please give us some ideas.

2. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Re-establish that line of communication - don't do it until you find out what the payee wants.

3. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

a best customer, i would clean up while there is no dump fee, contact the
    mother, call or send a note explaining, take a pic or 2 to send along, and
    try for a approval before billing, if you don't hear anything or cannot get contact, send pics. with explanation and a i hope this was ok with the bill,
    also, put in with the bill a card and request a phone contact, so you can reach her, let her know this is minor but emergencies do occur and you really feel you should be able to get hold of her. i would only do this if its a minor clean up, don't do it and nail her with a Huge bill.

4. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

I think in that circumstance I would go ahead and do the work and bill it to them without asking. I have several customers that I am able to do this with and never have to worry at all, others I can't (and won't) do anything extra without asking and telling them how much it will be ahead of time. All of my better customers and the ones that always pay on time I would'nt have to worry about one bit.

5. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

If you do it without her OK, you might be doing it for FREE!

Mike

6. KCLandscape

KCLandscape LawnSite Senior Member

Get it done, bill her , collect and be done with it.
    BTW-That storm was over a week ago...GET MOVING! :)
    Be careful if you are dumping at the PV sites!! They dont like the commercial types.