1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

shouldn't the floor of the enclosed be treated

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by grass disaster, Jan 25, 2005.

1. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

i've been looking at tailers. it seems some have plywood;3/4 on floor, 3/8 on walls untreated(intertsate). the H&H 3/4 treated floor, mohogany walls. but thet want like $650 more.

i believe the cargo hauler has some type of a vanier.

i notices some you have your enlosed painted white inside did that come stock?
  2. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

Our UXT enclosed 14' that we bought last fall had a plywood floor. Not sure of thickness. It recieved a linseed oil application before we did much with it. The linseed is something that can be re-applied as needed. There's other things out there too, but that's what we used. The underside came painted/sealed, so we didn't worry about that.

The walls are 1/2" (I think) MDF (medium density fiberboard), with some sort of white verneer/coating.

As long as the underside is coated/painted, if the walls are what you want, the inside floor can be treated before you put anything in it........

3. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

When I had my enclosed trailer a few years ago the floor and walls were untreated when I bought it,so what I did was got a gallon of sealer and put a couple of coats on it to protect the wood.