Show me some hills. Here are a few of mine.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MOW ED, Nov 12, 2002.

1. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I love this digital camera. I wish I would have bought it earlier in the year.
    I mow these properties weekly and now do leaf clean up here. I'll have a couple more different shots later in the week. The Walker does these hills with no problems. Up or down, side to side it dont matter, it does it.

bellefall02 011.jpg
  2. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

I love my Walker. Those are some hills too.
  3. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

bellefall02 014.jpg
  4. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

one mo

bellefall02 003.jpg
  5. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

Holy smokes Batman, if those got just a LITTLE wet they'd be treacherous. OH GREAT, and when you do fall you end up in a lake. Only one mountain goat I'd ride on those hills......WALKER!
  6. Bill Davis

Bill Davis LawnSite Senior Member

I could stick the Exmark on those. It has to be hard to handle when you get the hopper full on the Walkers and are sideways on a hill. Hope you dont take a swim in that lake while mowing:D
  7. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

boy, i wish i had some pictures from this summer. I worked for somebody part time this summer to fill up the rest of my week, and we mowed this condo complex with the biggest hills. I used a 52 inch hydro scag walkbehind on these things, and it was nuts. Youd have to walk underneath the mower literally holding the handlebars above your ahead. Spring time was crazy. any time it rained, the mower would want to slide right down the hills. I can put my exmarks on steep short hills, but i wouldnt want to mow those pics above with it.
  8. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Not to be a braggart, show-off or know it all, but to be honest those don't look that impressive. Yes they're decent size and steep enough to require just alittle more attention and consideration, but no big deal.
    The only pic of a hill I've seen that would really scare me is that one sound barrier (I think thats what it was) in LGF's backyard. That one would make me think twice. With a ZTR I definately wouldn't try it but a walk behind I would. I've heard he uses both on it :cool: I have a steep area of my hill but no camera to take a pic with right now.
    Eric :)
  9. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

This is about the limit for my walker. Up and down only.

JEFF ZALMANOFF LawnSite Member

i think those are the most anyone would want to mow without a special hillside mower . i mow some areas that are steep and its tough . ps the lawns look good . be safe jeff