Show off your own inventions here:

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Yard-Dawg, May 30, 2010.

1. Yard-Dawg

Yard-Dawg LawnSite Member

I just picked up two more condo properties and they are just to big for me to spray with my back-pac sprayer so I had to get this invention off the ground.

I have looked at various suppliers and just could not find what I wanted so I made it this weekend.

As you can see I made it from a old Toro snowblower that I had sitting in the shop as a back-up in case one of my other snowblowers went down.

I have an 8' spray pattern on a 6' break-away boom.

I have a total cost of $325.00 into it and I can use it all year round now.

Toro A.jpg

Toro B.jpg

Toro C.jpg

Toro D.jpg

2. bradseabridge

bradseabridge LawnSite Senior Member

Do you even need the motor with a tank that small? Just hook a car battery up to it and viola. Seems like the motor is a waste unless you put a much bigger tank on it. It has some serious potential but right now I would have just made a rolling cart. Now fab up a mount for a huge tank and that thing will be HOSS!

3. SchnabelLawnCare

SchnabelLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

I think he unbolts the sprayer in the winter and makes it a snowblower again.

4. JerseyGreen

JerseyGreen LawnSite Member

nice i like the sprayer how many gallons?

5. Yard-Dawg

Do you mean you would put a battery and a tank in a kids wagon and pull it around? I guess it would work but I would not be seen with something like that doing commercial properties or even residential for that matter! :hammerhead:

In these pictures it has the 5 gal tank and I also have a 12 gal tank, but it becomes very heavy on soft lawns when the 12 gal tank is full of chemical or fertilizer.

6. T.M. LAWNS

T.M. LAWNS LawnSite Senior Member

Nice job Yard-Dawg. :clapping: Do the rear tires damage the grass?

7. Yard-Dawg

No they don't, I have the posi-trac dis-engaged so it is actually one wheel drive for spraying and then I will lock it up again when I put the blower back on for winter work.

8. tallrick

tallrick LawnSite Senior Member

I would post pics of my latest inventions, but they have a habit of escaping. I invented a skid steer fence dispenser in 1996, now other companies make them. In 2001 I rigged up a greenlee hydraulic pole saw to my bucket and a few companies make them. I have two more attachments that no one has made yet, but I am currently looking into patenting them. One is a well rig and the other is a...oh I better shut up.

9. flatlander42

flatlander42 LawnSite Silver Member

I Know how you feel!

Speaking of that.....In ~1995 a friend and I cut the top of a big bag of Skittles off and taped a "ziploc" bag into the top so it would re-seal. Not to much longer after that, they are EVERYWHERE!! Well, that was at an "invention convention" that we used to have at our school. I honestly think that there were people there walking around taking kids ideas.

10. Yard-Dawg

I think you guys worry to much about things. The inventions that most of us make are simple things that we have no plan to market, they are things designed to make our jobs a little easier.

If my ideas can help another fellow out that has the same problems that I did, he is welcome to follow my lead!

Any other inventions out there?