Show Off Your Web Sites

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by ron, Aug 6, 2002.

1. LandscapeUpdateCo

LandscapeUpdateCo LawnSite Member

2. environment

environment LawnSite Member

3. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Let me know if anyone has any feedback Thanks HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL OF YOU

www.lawnsrusinc.com

4. TurfGuyTX

TurfGuyTX LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

Nice site's. Keep them coming.

5. thill

thill LawnSite Member

Hey TurfGuy wuz that a little bump?

U R right, there are a lot of nice sites on this thread. Thanks for starting it

Tom

6. EverLasting

EverLasting LawnSite Member

7. lpwhandyman

lpwhandyman LawnSite Member

8. ECHOTURF

ECHOTURF LawnSite Member
    from usa

:cool2:
    www.idealgreen.com

Our company is based out of Menasha, WI

I designed and update our site every month. Although it's relatively new, I think I have most the bases covered. The "Form" page was the hardest out of all the work and a bit complex setting up the hosting but all worth it!

9. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

idealgreen, site looks good but i'd recommend shrinking those truck pics down. to avoid losing dial-up visitors, you should shoot for around 50k or so of images, especially on a home page. your trucks account for over 200k. you could keep the same quality and have each be no more than 25-30k or so.

as for the form, you might start investigating a more secure form. any form that uses a hidden email address in the form page itself opens the door for ridiculous amounts of inbound spam, and much worse, spammers can use it to send outbound from you. they don't need to even specifically target you, as the process is driven by web bots searching specifically for those types of holes.

tony

10. ECHOTURF

ECHOTURF LawnSite Member
    from usa

Tony,

Does FrontPage 2003 offer a secure form or are you suggesting I use my hosting providers email account? FrontPage offered a wizard in making my form page so that is what I used at the time. I know I can setup webmail but still working out all the complex issues involved making my site better. My hosting is only $4.00 per month with TotalChoice but "You" do everything yourself. I basically just work on the site when I have time so I don't spend a great deal of time working on cleaning up loop holes and so forth.
    The images I can work on fairly easy.

I appreciate the feedback very much! Also, in replying to your email, I normally return the mail with our company email account and not our personal. I just forgot to change the account before replying to you.

RD