Show Off Your Web Sites

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by ron, Aug 6, 2002.

1. JimmyTheGlove

JimmyTheGlove LawnSite Member

Good idea. Your end goal should be a website (or web page) that people will either bookmark, print out, or share.

Have you checked to make sure your site is print friendly? Especially with the blog portion, you will want to provide your reader's with the option to print, save, and/or share.

2. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

I really need to update and redo mine.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. JimmyTheGlove

Drop a link and let's have a look.

4. KrayzKajun

5. JimmyTheGlove

It could use some work but it's not bad at all, especially in comparison to some others I have seen. For a local business site, it really is not bad at all. I'm seeing some CSS3 implemented in your navigation buttons which is great.

You could work on using more "targeted" title tags. From what I understand, search engines pay a lot of attention to title tags. Yours are "about us" "contact us" "home" and "services". You might consider "About KKE Landscaping" "Contact Krayzee Landscaping" or "Contact Krayzee Lawncare" depending on the keyword you are targeting.

I don't think you need to "redo" it. Just smooth out some of the rough edges and add some more content, and optimize things like your title tags.

Did you develop it yourself or did you pay someone to do it?

6. KrayzKajun

I did it myself.from a yahoo template Thanks for info
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. JimmyTheGlove

No problem.

8. gsaunders5

gsaunders5 LawnSite Member

9. JimmyTheGlove

Not bad at all. Especially since you did it yourself, nice job. You've got your title tags all figured out and stuff Thumbs Up

Graphics are good, navigation is easy. You have "referrals" in your About Us page; have you ever thought about having a "Testimonials" or "Referrals" page all to itself? You could include more pictures, and have some customers write up a paragraph or two about how good you are.. Just a suggestion.

I'm a bit OCD about grammer on sites like this so I thought I'd point out a little error on your Contact page. It says "If you sees Gary or Chase around town working or waiting..." That should be 'see' right?

10. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Just like "grammer" should be "grammar".
    Posted via Mobile Device