Show Off Your Web Sites

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by ron, Aug 6, 2002.

1. DannyHatt

DannyHatt LawnSite Member

2. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

Finally got a minor facelift done to our homepage - poppies to replace a clip art looking tree, and a nice blue header color to display the white text better.

Plus addition of a new start to finish page.

I spent a long time looking for the significant grammar mistakes. There are a few insignificant ones, mainly deep in the advice pages.

Still maintaining a rating of 4 on Googles scale of 1 to 10.

3. JohnK

JohnK LawnSite Member
    from Seattle

It looks nice Danny, but doing it only in Flash is a mistake. Not everyone installs flash and it's quite slow for people on dialup.

Also in the wake of whatever changes Microsoft has to make due to a recent court loss it will likely break your (and many others) site.

http://www.infoworld.com/article/03/09/03/HNmicrosoftsloss_1.html?business
    http://news.com.com/2100-1032-5074799.html

""If you're currently using a plug-in, you will have to change your pages quite significantly," said one person familiar with Microsoft's post-verdict plans. "There might be tools to help you do so, but currently they don't exist.""

4. DannyHatt

DannyHatt LawnSite Member

Very interesting and thank you for that info. I was not aware of it.

Like the Carvers site that is in flash, i also have an html site behind it for dialups such as www.carverslandscape.com.

Seeing that Macromedia hosted a meeting for Microsoft, I'm sure they have got something up their sleeves.

I would think that Eolas is looking for a cash contribution rather than putting third parties out of business. If it is Eolas intent to try and make a browser for IE's replacement, they better get on the stick and start writing.

After reading the article, it almost seems like Microsoft can develop something on the server side to translate the content to the browser in a browser format.

Either way, they have some work cut out for themselves, and our work time goes up.

No sense in trying to figure out their stratigy, we will just have to wait and see..

Thanks for the info.

5. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

6. George777

George777 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

7. jrs mowing

jrs mowing LawnSite Member

8. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

9. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

www.wellslawncare.com

Please let me know what you think.
    All opinions are welcome and appreciated.
    Thanks

10. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice clean site. Check your photo page I couldn't get it to work.