1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Shredit Blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnnut, Jun 11, 2000.

1. lawnnut

lawnnut LawnSite Member

How would you sharpen them????<br>Can they really produce.<br>www.shreditblades.com/<br>
  2. bdemir

bdemir LawnSite Senior Member

Wow that really looks pretty good. how much do they cost i wonder.
  3. PLS

PLS LawnSite Member

Cute..... Last 4 times longer..... Looks like it might take 8 times longer to sharpen.
  4. bdemir

bdemir LawnSite Senior Member

yeah how do you sharpen those things?
  5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

At $50 to $55 a piece they better sharpen themselves.
  6. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

If those blades really mulch a 1 inch blade of grass to 1/8 of a inch and they last as long as they say id grab them in a heart beat! do they make them for a toro z master or just for golf course equipment? anyone ever used them?
  7. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

I have a set of them at our golf course,they are on my Steiner 420,I think that gators are much better,the shredders are impossible to sharpen,so they are basically junk after one use+ they provide practically no lift at all.I will not buy any more,they sit on my shelf collecting dust.When I use them the grass clumps up bad because there is no wind speed (no lift)to spread them out,they make almost no noise.<p>----------<br>John D<br>
  8. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

I apologize for the last part of my post,the ones I have are from shredit,but do not have the back lift on them,apparently they realized the flaw and hopefully fixed them.I wont even try the new improved ones unless they give me a full credit on my useless ones.<p>----------<br>John D<br>
  9. Getmow

Getmow LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

Thanks John D. . That's what this forum is all about. You just saved at least one person some $.
  10. The Mowman

The Mowman LawnSite Member

If you need shredding blades go with the Gator blades. Gator blades can be sharpened pretty easily. They do however provide less lift, so they don't strip as nice, but for thick, tall grass they work great.<p>----------<br>Stephen<br>