1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Shrub bed pre emergent

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by rmslawns, Feb 10, 2013.

1. rmslawns

rmslawns LawnSite Member

Is snap shot the best pre emergent to put down to keep weeds down or is there another product that is better? Thanks.

2. I've had great results with snapshot for a granular and sureguard as a liquid. If you have full beds go with snapshot, open beds use sureguard. I'm sure Greendoctor can list some other good ones but those are the ones I've used.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. rmslawns

rmslawns LawnSite Member

Thanks Florida. Most of the beds are all with junipers, hollys or boxwoods with mulch around them. Thanks for the reply.

4. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

How do you guys price snapshot apps? I'm thinking here in North Carolina we might only need 2 apps. Maybe march and July to get through the growing season?

My cost on snapshot would be about $11-12 per 1000. Can you get double the app cost? Many of out beds are smaller so would you do better pricing per 100 sqft?

Can you get 5-6 months of decent control?

5. CircleC

CircleC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NW

I do Snapshot in the spring, 1st of March and do a straight Dimension in mid-June. Open lots, roadsides, or large open landscape beds I will use Casron. Its worked for me well.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. weaver

weaver LawnSite Bronze Member

Has anyone tried Drexel? It's said to be generic Round up, has all the same ingredients but works alot better... Cheeper also.. 1 gallon like $20 compared to $20+ for a quart of round up...

Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  7. If the beds are tight to the point that you can spray a liquid, go with the snapshot. If you have adequate room between plants a liquid will suffice. If there are weeds constantly growing through plants, def do an over the top app of snapshot. Good luck.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

No herbaceous annuals. Good. That means you can use Freehand or Ronstar in addition to Snapshot. I really like Sureguard as a directed spray around shrubs. It or Ronstar Flo will burn down small weeds that have already emerged. Casoron is really good if applied in the cooler months or when and where it can be watered in as soon as it is applied.

9. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

Easily on price, 5 months, but not between apps lol
    Posted via Mobile Device