Shrub Bed Weed Control

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Rob Spread & Spray, Jun 19, 2006.

1. Rob Spread & Spray

Rob Spread & Spray LawnSite Member

I was recently asked to bid on some work at a mall. Lots of chopped up Turf Area and Chopped up Beds. My question is on the beds. They have already put down some fresh mulch this spring and there are some weeds starting to pop up. Contractor wants a price to kill whats growing and also a pre emergent.

I usually use Roundup and Ronstar. What's your cocktail of choice and what would you charge for 74,000 sqft of bed space?

I have done turf jobs up to 35 acres and miles of vegetation control, but not this big of a shrub bed job and I think this woman is in for sticker shock when she gets my price for the beds

2. GrazerZ

GrazerZ LawnSite Senior Member

We use snapshot for pre-emergent,Though there are others. And we use round-up with sythe of post control.

3. Rob Spread & Spray

WHat would you charge for a job this size? DO you have a set cost per thousand sqft? I usually charge around $50/m

4. Prolawnservice

Prolawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

prosecutor quik pro, pre-m, gallery 45 per k, about $3400 depends on how much space between beds.

5. GrazerZ

GrazerZ LawnSite Senior Member

I charge $20.00-25.00 per gallon on the round-up. And the pre-m is dependent on the rate applyed. I usually T&M or about $250.00 per 50lb bag of snapshot. I don't have a sq ft charge for this because the beds are usally so wacky and many to measure very acurately.

6. Rob Spread & Spray

Anyone happy with a good granular product? Being that this contract came in so late in the season, there are a lot of annuals allready planted and the liquid will not be an option in some of the beds!