Shrub care??

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by NCL, Apr 27, 2004.

1. NCL

NCL LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Anybody have a shrub care program/ schedule they would like to share?? I have to give an estimate for a new customer that wants total shrub care - fertilizer, insect control,mites,scale, etc. Whats the best way to price it. I am licensed, just do not usually apply insect controll unless needed. Thanks.

2. TurfProSTL

TurfProSTL LawnSite Senior Member

Rd 1: Dormant Oil
    Rd 2 / Rd 3: Fertilizer/Merit Injection Combination
    Rd 4: IPM
    Rd 5: IPM
    Rd 6: Fertilizer

Pricing: minimum is $39.00, which includes foundation plantings around an average sized house

Add: $5 per "large" tree up to 25' in height
    $3 per medium tree or large shrub
    $2 per small tree or medium shrub
    $1 per small shrub or 100 sqft of ground cover

Use these prices for Rds 1, 4, 5
    Multiply by 1.5 for Rds 2, 3, 6

3. NCL

NCL LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Thanks for your response TurfProSTL. How did you come up with this formula?? This house has 125 trees and shrubs throughout: 23 large,100 medium, and 2 small, what would be your quess to price this out?? I came up with $370.00 for rds 1-4-5 Thanks again

4. TurfProSTL

TurfProSTL LawnSite Senior Member

Time & material, with the exception being the Merit injection, which is expensive to do. Thats why I would tank-mix it with the spring fertilizer - leave 2 bills for one trip. Also, a good application of Merit will minimize the spraying needed during summer IPM applications.

Nothing very scientific about it, I guess, but I've never lost money on a tree/shrub program and the pricing is fair enough to where you might sell some.....