shrub fert.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mountain, Feb 27, 2001.

1. mountain

mountain LawnSite Member

what works best for fertilizing shrubs liquid or grandular? I wouldn't think customers would pay if a LMO came and sprinkled alittle dry fert. under the bushes and leaves. is there another method?

2. Skookum

Skookum LawnSite Senior Member

Most LCO's use a tank mixed fert with their spray rigs for a root zone feeding with a pressure gun. I purchased my spray rig with that in mind as an additional use. I like the granular feeders since they could use a time released product like Osmocote, which I have used for years on annuals with great results. I planned on purchasing a granular root feeder this spring and pushing time released feeding instead of pressure feedings.

Now I see that A.M. Lenonard is listing in their new catalog, a new injector system that uses a concentrate and needs no carrier or additional spray rig. It a self contained unit that looks just like a granular root feeder. It is called Nu-Arbor Kioritz Soil Injector. Looks very interesting.

I was going to post a thread about them and see if anyone has used one yet, or if it was too new for feed back from Lawnsite members.

[Edited by Skookum on 02-27-2001 at 09:50 PM]