1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

shrub irrigation

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by davefromnh, Apr 28, 2002.

1. davefromnh

davefromnh LawnSite Member

I am adding 2-3 additional zones this year for my shrubbery. The beds are 6 and 8 feet deep. I tend to use Toro rotors in the lawn and Toro fixed sprays on risers behind my perennial beds. That said, I am willing to try other products (Hunter, et al).

These shrub beds contain mostly evergreens, but there are tulips and such, between. I was thinking of using shrub bubblers at the base of the shrubs, but:

1. I cannot find them anymore, and
    2. I am concerned that the tulips and such will not benefit.

I could use pop-up sprays, but I am concerned that the shrubs will not get the deep watering that I am looking for.

What do you all think?
  2. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

Hunter products are good, so are Rain Bird. I use both, I don't much care for Toro, but that is more a personal thing than any thing else.

I would suggest finding an irrigation guy in your area and see if he could special order your bubblers. If you were here I could get them for you at the drop of the hat, because of buying wholesale. I think a combo of bubblers and pop ups would work OK for what you want to do.