shrub pricing

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by sj777, Jul 14, 2006.

1. sj777

sj777 LawnSite Member
    from tampa

do most of you guys charge extra for shrub trimming, or do you usually include it in your bids.also how much extra do you charge for standard shrub trimming?
  2. 29 Palms Property Management

29 Palms Property Management LawnSite Senior Member

We definitely charge extra for this. It just depends on how much time it takes, how many there are and how big they are. Estimate how much time it'll take and multiply by your rate. Or come up with a fixed rate per shrub.
  3. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

Dont forget to look at how hard cleanup will be for instance will you raking or blowing the debri out of rocks,mulch or just of the grass. You may want to thro down some tarps. Its the cleanup that sucks. Also how tall and wide are the shrubs.
  4. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

TNT is right. Clean-up is really where you need to consider what it is really costing you (especially in dispoal/dump fees) to base your price on otherwise you'll be losing money.
  5. Poncho25

Poncho25 LawnSite Senior Member

With the talk of cleanup in the air....I have a few yards where they use mulch and i just clean up the big pieces, the rest i blow down to the bottom of the shrub as its biodegradable and is a good self fert. I let my clients know this and they have no issues as long as it doesn't look bad.