1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Shrub Programs

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Rwise10230, Nov 13, 2005.

1. Rwise10230

Rwise10230 LawnSite Member

I consider myself fairly knowledgeable regarding lawn care. However, when it somes to shrubs and other ornamentals....I have to rely on others much to my displeasure. Is there a source or recommended site that will shed some light on good fertilization and pest control programs for these plants?

Good information is hard to come by and I'm seriously thinking of going the franchise route just to have a standard, successful program.

I know....it depends of what plant....however, surely there is information that will tell you that you need to fertilize azaleas or rhodo's on a 5 step program and when to add fertilizer and when to spray, etc!

Many thanks in advance!
  2. turf dog

turf dog LawnSite Member

You might want to look into the master gardner program offered through your local university co op extesion services.