1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Shrub Removal Pricing... ???

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by signaturelandscape, Aug 17, 2007.

1. signaturelandscape

signaturelandscape LawnSite Member

I have 17 bushes approximately 3' tall and 2' in diameter to remove. Would be cutting the stump off below grade and then covering with topsoil.

Any idea on a price structure for this? I usually bill out at $75 per man hour, but I can't seem to figure a time line for this job. Thanks! Jason
  2. Smallaxe

Smallaxe LawnSite Fanatic

Chainsaw the branches off and load them = 2hrs. Chopping out the stumps and loading them = 1 or 2 hrs. 9 wheelbarrow loads of topsoil and rake out = 2hrs. If things go well it probably won't even take one guy that long.
  3. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

can't you just wrap a chain around them and pull them out with your truck or mower? They don't seem that big and it would be quicker. To do this I don't charge hourly I charge by the ripout. These would be around $20 each. Plus any topsoil charges.
  4. signaturelandscape

signaturelandscape LawnSite Member

Turned it in this morning. I don't want to tear up the yard ripping it out and the house isn't close to the street or drive. Going the below grade rate wit back fill. Thanks guys! Jason
  5. jaybow

jaybow LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mi

I just completed a job removing about 15 shrubbs and 4 trees about 12 to 15 foot tall and charged 800 bucks.I cut them down with a chainsaw close to the ground and rented a small stump grinder to take care of the stumps.:weightlifter:
  6. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

I would dig them out and charge $595.