Shrub Removal Question

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by ALarsh, Jun 10, 2006.

1. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

So I need to take these things out... I think they are Icee Blue Junipers, anybody care to confirm?

How would you take these suckers out without any heavy machinery. Most of it has to be done by hand or possibly a long rope and a truck from the street if that would be any help.

About how long do you think it will take? How deep do the roots of these go?

Thanks...

IMG_2966.jpg

2. ALarsh

from Midwest

Another pic....

IMG_2965.jpg

3. ALarsh

from Midwest

Whole view of everything...

IMG_2964.jpg

4. ALarsh

from Midwest

And last one.....

Thanks

IMG_2967.jpg

5. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

the roots on those shouldn't be too bad. I recently bid a shrub removal @ $100 to pull out 4 low junipers like that (around 3' dia each). I had them out in 10 minutes for all of them. I almost felt guilty about that one. All I used was a round nose spade and some elbow grease.

6. Lumberjack

Lumberjack LawnSite Member

a logging chain might be a better idea.....

7. ALarsh

from Midwest

What would you estimate for these?

8. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

How many are there actually? I would figure around $75 each. If they are a ragular customer, discount the amount a little if everything comes out faster than you thought.

9. Fowen22

Fowen22 LawnSite Member

Ummmm, I wouldn't charge 75 a peice, but its going to be a ***** to get all those out. Truck and chain baby!!! Might even have to use a rototiller afterwords if u plan to plant anything in there. The Roots on those things are GAY. :weightlifter:

10. ALarsh

from Midwest

lol thanks... I will just pull them out, no planting for me. That is for the other guy that is going to come in so it isn't my problem. :)