Shrub Removal / Stump Grinding

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by 3sons, Apr 18, 2005.

1. 3sons

3sons LawnSite Member

I have a potential customer that wants 94 shrubs removed. The problem is that the shrubs are close to sidewalks and walls. To avoid damaging this property, I decided to use a chainsaw to cut the shrub (2-3" in diameter) close to the ground and then come back and stump grind what is left. How much would you guys charge for this type of service?

2. Duramax99

Duramax99 LawnSite Member

Do you own or are you renting a stump grinder??
    How big are the shrubs?? Can you dig out the stumps? If they are small enough this a a easy task.

3. 3sons

3sons LawnSite Member

I will have to rent a stump grinder. Thought I'd just build in an equipment charge. Could probably dig out the roots, but thought it faster to use the grinder. Your advise is appreciated.

4. IMoLwnz.com

IMoLwnz.com LawnSite Member

stumps the size of my had I charge about 50 bucks If there are that many..
    Id say about 800 to grind the stumps. Should take about 8 hrs to do all that figuring about 5 min a stump + clean up time so about 1000.00 to do it without seeing.

Id say about 2500- 3000 for the removal nd disposal Not knowing how big the stuff is though..

5. DowntoEarthLLC

DowntoEarthLLC LawnSite Member
    from VA

what did that guy just say ? :blob3:

6. muddstopper

muddstopper LawnSite Silver Member

For me, a lot would depend on just how much shrub there was that needed removing. The stumps would go fast, couple of hours max,( you did say 2-3 inch max size) but I would still charge $10 per stump or $940 and then probably $10 per shrub for sawing them down. Another $940 or $1800 total and then the disposal fee.

7. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

How deep are you planning to grind the stumps, I charge a buck and a half an inch as measured at the very base of the stump, It would take more time transporting stump to stump than to grind them 6" deep with a good grinder,
    each stump would take about 3 miniutes with my grinder, dont hit the concrete with the wheel thou, thats bad. measure them up and get your united inches, charge 2 bucks an inch or sub it out to someone with a good grinder, I consider rentals as half a@@ machines.
    better yet go to your local rayco or vermeer dealer and tell them you want to demo a good hydro for a day. :D
    I wish I was in Pa. I like those rates!! payup payup