Shrub removal

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by scarr133, Apr 7, 2005.

1. scarr133

scarr133 LawnSite Senior Member

I deal mostly with mowing and mulching but I was just asked for a price to remove a bunch of shrubs in a center island in a neighborhood. What would you guys charge to do this? Would you charge by the bush removed,or by the hour? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Scott

2. Kate Butler

Kate Butler LawnSite Senior Member

More information: are they coming out by the roots or being chainsawed out and the stumps Round-upped? Replanting? Are there any potentially-involved underground services (if they're being dug or pulled out)? New mulch?

3. scarr133

They would be completely coming out. They are not big shrubs, fairly small. I can dig out with a shovel. No power lines to worry about. Will be doing before I do the mulch, and will be replanting flowers in the open areas. Mulch and flower installation are seperate fees from the removal work and those prices are already set. I just need help with the removal fee. Thanks.

4. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Can you post a pic by chance? What variety of shrubs are they? About how many bushes are there, size of the planter if they are close together? I would think your best bet would to be do it by the job and get it done if it looks easy rather than do a fast job at an hourly rate. Are you figuring in disposal cost or can it be curbside pick up there?

5. Todd's lawncare

Todd's lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from P.A

111516510320561541516510.0323221566515616516511356189+4651321211
    sounds good to me
    How many is there can you will the dump them or do you ?

6. scarr133

I will be charging them a disposal fee which I already have figured out. There are probably 40 or 50 shrubs. They only stand about 2-2 1/2' tall, so the balls on them aren't very big. I've already pulled 1 out and it was next to nothing to do. Took less than 5 minutes to remove.

7. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Somewhere around 210-300 would probably be fair. Depends on what going rate is there.

8. boatdude

boatdude LawnSite Member

If they are in good shape find someone who wants 40-50 shrubs and sell them...then you will be in the chips... payup
    bd