shrub removal

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by jaybow, Mar 22, 2007.

1. jaybow

jaybow LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mi

I was wondering what the easiest way to remove or pull out shrubs is.In the past to remove my own stuff I cut it down to ground level and then dig around the root ball and chop it out with an axe.Thats alot of work there must be an easier way.

2. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

4 in 1 bucket... period! :)

3. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

EASIEST to me is a mini-ex.

4. NMS0219

NMS0219 LawnSite Senior Member

I use a compact tractor loader backhoe. Works great.

5. the work truck.

truck20.jpg

6. jreiff

jreiff LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

Bobcat and a good chain...

7. jreiff

jreiff LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

Hear alot about these 4 in 1 buckets. Are they really that good? Why? How would you use it to remove shrubs?

Any pics of them in action?

Not saying they are bad, just really do not know anything about them... Thanks

8. mattfromNY

mattfromNY LawnSite Bronze Member

'04 2500HD and a long chain. Just make sure the roots arent growing under the sidewalk, this method has been known to remove concrete, also.:laugh:

9. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

I have a local tree service come in cut the tops down then he grinds the whole bed for me so no roots are in the way.

10. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I would never ever be seen yanking up shrubs w/ a pick-up!!! You have got to be kidding me. I would get the area located... that might save you some headaches. We usually pull them up w/ the dingo and strap, or pick axe, or a mixture of both.