Shrub removal

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by grasskat1, Apr 1, 2007.

1. grasskat1

grasskat1 LawnSite Member
    from ohio

Hello. I am working on an estimate for a client who wants 50 shrubs (boxwoods and junipers) removed, and holes filled in with topsoil. I'm planning on renting a dingo or small skidsteer, for there is room to get around the landscaping. This is a first for me and I could use some advise. Any advise on what kind of equipment to use is also appreciated because I don't want to tear up any turf. Client is selling home and pushing for a "quick quote". With rental of equipment, time, labor, and materials, I figured it at $1,100.00. I am not greedy. Is this too much to charge or not enough? I really don't know. Thanks for all your help and input.
  2. Gilla Gorilla

Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member

That price sounds fair for both of you. You might be able to get away with charging a couple hundred more also. Dont forget to factor in how much it will cost at the dump to dispose of them. You could have to make a couple of trips to the dump depending on what size these plants are and what size trailer you have to haul them off in.

Depending on what type of Boxwoods that they are and what shape they are in you might be able to get a small wholesale nursery guy to pick them up after you dig them out with the dingo bucket. I had a guy wanting 9 Azaleas that I dug out with a dingo but I kept them for around my grandmothers house, they were about 10 years old also.
  3. terrapro

terrapro LawnSite Bronze Member

without seeing the job
    $25 per shrub
    discounted from my normal $30minimum for quantity

50 shrubs are alot of shrubs to dispose of, make sure you have somewhere to get rid of them
  4. grasskat1

grasskat1 LawnSite Member
    from ohio

Thanks loads for the advise. It is much appreciated!! I should find out in a day or two if i got the job.