Shrub/tree removal and grading question

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by mad_wrestler, Aug 26, 2005.

1. mad_wrestler

mad_wrestler LawnSite Senior Member

I have a customer that wants some work done. Here are the numbers.

He needs 4 flower beds reclaimed.

1. 15' x 5' with overgrowth and one small tree (3 in diameter) needs removal
    2. 24' x 5' with overgrowth
    3. 21' x 5' with overgrowth 2 Arbos (15') and 9(5' x 6') Chinese Variegated Privets need removal
    4. 10' x 3' with overgrowth

Grading

There are three areas where the customer needs to add top soil

1. 24' x 15' x 4" with two bushes requiring removal
    2. 21' x 45' x 4" with two magnolia tree (12') requiring removal.
    3. 29' x 10' x 6"

He also wants 48' of 4' chain link fence removed as well. The fence posts (9)are in concrete.

I will remove the bushes, trees, and fence using truck, chain and winch. Then haul them off. I will have dirt delivered (22 yds.) and will spread and level with our tractor. What would be your best "guess"timate on this job. I have it like this

1. $150 dump fees and removal from site
    2. $130 tree removal
    3. $315 bush removal
    4. $140 bed cleanup and weed removal
    5. $600 dirt delivery and spread
    6. $200 for fence removal

Totaling $1535. Does this look and sound about right?

2. mad_wrestler

Man, I thought someone on here might have an idea?

3. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Mad_wrestler,it probably woulden't kill you to post just one time per question .I gave you my opinion in one of your other posts.Sheshovel

4. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Yet another time having a mini ex would be the best option.

Fence post/tree and bush removal + grading all done in less than a few hours.

5. mad_wrestler

What is a mini EX? Maybe I can aquire one from somewhere. That would be great to knock it out in a few hours. Also, as for pricing, What adjustments would you make and where? I thank you all for your help.

6. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

I usually rent a Case CX25 for brush/tree removal, it should make quick work of fence posts as well.

Make sure you get one with a thumb, this lets you use the bucket as a "hand".

[​IMG]

7. bigandy

bigandy LawnSite Member

Even with a mini excavator I would make that a low end price if possible. It sounds to me like it could be one of those jobs that goes fast or just plain eats time, and its better to come down with the final price than go up if you can.