Shrub trimming clean up?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Green Acres Lawn CAre, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Agape

Agape LawnSite Bronze Member

With my wife!

But pruning, I rake unless I'm dropping into Ivy or Gravel, then I use a tarp below my work and slide it along until it's full.

2. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

I can't seem to have enough tarps. Can't see how you'd find a $15 tarp useless just because it didn't work on a hedge job. Do you ever have to haul debris away? If so, it should be covered.

3. Agape

Agape LawnSite Bronze Member

You should learn to recognize sarcasm.

4. BINKY1902

BINKY1902 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from South

I blow or rake them out and suck them up with the walk/behind w/bagger.

5. neckbone

neckbone LawnSite Member

We use traps or drop cloths

6. jcbabb

jcbabb LawnSite Member

Where can I find on of these "traps"? Those pesky clippings keep getting away! ;)

Seriously the tarps do work well. For very minor amounts when I am also mowing, my 21" with a bag sucks them up realy well too.

7. Strick

Strick LawnSite Member

Rake what you can, and then flip the pinestraw over and fluff it a little bit. It only takes a few minutes with a pitchfork. If you keep shrubbery trimmed often, you can sometimes just blow the tops off and blow the small amount of debris under shrubs or onto lawn and mulch up.

8. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

We do the same thing. Tarps are a pain in the butt to say the least. I don't see any reason to use a tarp unless the landscaping is mulch or lava rock which both are to lite to blow out.

9. 1993lx172

1993lx172 LawnSite Bronze Member

Add me to the list. In lava rock I just "feather" the throttle on the blower and that keeps the majority of the rock or mulch in the beds.

10. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

I use rakes and tarps and my handheld or backpack blower.