Shrub Trimming Job (before and after Pictures)

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by ArenaLandscaping, Jul 28, 2011.

1. WPS85

WPS85 LawnSite Member

The Jap Maples looks great that way!, and yes, they fit into the landscape better trimmed that way! That is a work of art that you did! As long as the homeowner is happy with the way they look now, then that's all that matters!

Don't pay any attention to what they say on here. Maybe some are jealous they can't trim that way.

I have seen Jap Maples trimmed that way in this area. Those trees can take a lot of trimming and it doesn't hurt them at all. Those trees are NOT destroyed like one member said.

Keep up the good work!

LMAO. :laugh: A rule book for trimming.LOL.:dizzy: Never heard of that before. I guess I'm in trouble for trimming trees the wrong way too.:rolleyes:

There are not any rules for trimming shrubs in this area. LOL

You need to quit bashing him by saying that he needs to educate himself. That's the problem with this site, Too many people like to bash other members. IT NEEDS TO STOP!

2. orlawncaresvc

orlawncaresvc LawnSite Senior Member

They actually look great. I think. Did the customer request them to be trimmed that way? Where we are located a lot of customers actually like having their jap mapes trimmed and formed to look like bushes and also the traditional way. Like a tree.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. StihlMechanic

StihlMechanic LawnSite Bronze Member

So? What hedge trimmer did you use?

4. lawnman24949

lawnman24949 LawnSite Member

The Burning Bushes look great and i think the Japanese maples look good in that landscaping but would probably not trim them that way. Do you have any pictures of the whole property to see how you spent 2 months on that property.

5. JDiepstra

JDiepstra LawnSite Bronze Member

Hahahah i was wondering the same thing!

6. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

Nice work! If you really took the time to clean up your cuts on the trees that's great. The problem with shearing them is that the stub of any trimmed branch will die out back to the first lateral coming off of it and will become susceptible to infection and weaken the tree in general. Taking that cut back to the first lateral allows for proper recovery from the cut and no dead wood left on the tree. Technically even the shrubs would benefit from this but it is not common practice due to cost and time constraints.

7. ArenaLandscaping

ArenaLandscaping LawnSite Member

I will upload more pics of the property to my computer. Then post them on the forum. It took 2 months to fix all the mistakes from the previous landscape company. The property is 6 acres situated on the ocean. The rhodys on the property alone took 1 week to trim and repair (bad cuts,dead wood,crossed overlapping branches, etc.....) That it is 8 to 10 hours a day of trimming . Like I said the trees , shrubs and beds were neglected for 3 or 4 years.

8. ArenaLandscaping

ArenaLandscaping LawnSite Member

On the the jap maples I used a Redmax SRTZ2401 Hedge Trimmer (articulated) NOT CHEAP!!! and Felco #2 Hand Pruners. I also used a Little Wonder single sided gas trimmer and a small Shindaiwa double sided hedge trimmer on the property also.

9. nepatsfan

nepatsfan LawnSite Gold Member

Have the homeowners seen it yet?

10. Firefighter337

Firefighter337 LawnSite Senior Member

Awesome work on all of it. I have seen jap maples trimmed with hedge trimmers, but they were not that tight. Impressive talent.