Shrub Trimming Job (before and after Pictures)

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by ArenaLandscaping, Jul 28, 2011.

1. DIXIECONTRACTING

DIXIECONTRACTING LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Ditto .......

2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

:drinkup::drinkup:

Even if you did attack me by saying I could have been more gentle. lol

3. flowergirl

flowergirl LawnSite Member

The shrubs do look good, but you totally embarrassed the Japanese Maple trees!!! They are the laugh of the neighborhood!! Other trees and shrubs are joking and making fun of them.... shame.... read a book or something. There are so many of you "hackers" out there. Learn how to prune properly...

4. ArenaLandscaping

ArenaLandscaping LawnSite Member

Thanks for you ?professional? opinion. And thank you for insulting me. Boy the neighbors are sure laughing while I am trimming their shrubs and trees.:clapping: I have 6 other customers all in a row on the same street. I get big money for what I do.They saw what kind of work I do and were very impressed. 2 and 3 million dollar homes. If you say I am a hacker then your blind. You know nothing about me. Stick to planting flowers, flowergirl and stop following the leader with rude comments. A book could never have taught me what I have learned from experience.

5. Landscaperma

Landscaperma LawnSite Member

You have destroyed all the plant material, you can say good bye to the Jap's. Read a few beginner gardening books to see what you have done wrong.

6. ArenaLandscaping

Did you read the whole thread? This NOT the first time these were trimmed like this. THEY HAVE BEEN TRAINED BY ME FOR 10 YEARS WITH A GAS POWERED HEDGE TRIMMER, HAND PRUNERS, SMALL PRUNING SAW. I DO NOT SEE WHAT PRUNING PRACTICES HAVE TO DO WITH FACT YOU PEOPLE ARE REALLY ONLY COMMENTING ON THE SHAPE. I DONT CARE WHAT SHAPE YOU THINK A TREE OR SHRUB HAS TO BE.MY CUTS ARE CORRECT. MY TRIMMER IS EXTREMELY SHARP AND CLEAN AND I AM ONLY CUTTING OFF GROWTH LESS THAN A 1/4 INCH IN DIAMETER. THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THIS AND THE GROWTH I CUT OFF THE BURNING BUSHES. ARE THEY RUINED, NO. Here are pics of the destroyed plant material. If you read the tread you would see I used Felco #2 hand pruner. I use them everyday. With your lack of knowledge of this thread. I cant see how you would have comment.

Before

[​IMG]

After

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 1, 2011
  7. slqlc

slqlc LawnSite Member

So i guess he was just showing you his work, if you dont like the way he trimmed them dont trim them that way. Just my opinion

8. Snapper Jack

Snapper Jack LawnSite Senior Member

That so called "TRAINED" Japanese Maple just looks ******ed,looks like an over sized mushroom out of Walt Disney 3-D cartoon. You obviously have some very strange or stupid clients who have been blindsided by your so expertise ways of pruning Jap maples, you have striped that poor tree it of it's natural beauty and character .

9. ArenaLandscaping

Thanks. I think it has been established that it looks like a mushroom or a umbrella. It has character of its own. Only one client has this done. Very hard to get that tree to look like that. ITS FOR THAT PROPERTY ONLY.

10. BINKY1902

BINKY1902 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from South

I think it looks good and sets the property apart. Tree looks very healthy as well.