Shurflo SRS 600 sprayer problems

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by firedude26, Apr 22, 2007.

1. firedude26

firedude26 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Mich

I pulled out my sprayer yesterday that i bought late last year and only used twice, and the battery was dead so icharged it for 3 hours and no luck, i tested it and it is bad.? also the connector from the battery to the pump is very sensitive it has to pushed together and tied to keep connection. I was wondering if anyone had one and was having any problems with them?

thanks

Rob

2. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

If the battery was left in a unheated building it probably froze and is not going to take a charge.

3. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Maybe it is poor connections. Clean up and rewire with bare metal connections. Coat with silicone rubber or hot glue. The inexpensive garden tractor batteries are $20 at Home Depot. Get one.

4. firedude26

from Mich

connections are like new. just bad. battery was in heated barn.

5. firedude26

from Mich

I called them this morning and they said send it back and they will either fix or ship new one.

:rolleyes:

6. lawnservice

lawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

we've had nothing but problems with those things

7. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

We have nine of them. All are now one year old. The gun that comes with them quickly shells out. "Sprayer Specialties" gave us new TeeJet guns, and since then, we have had no probs.

NOTE: Always relieve the pressure after each use, otherwise the lines can collapse. This happened to one of our units, but it was our employee's fault...not the sprayer. It was an easy fix.

Also: get rid of the cone nozzles that comes with them. Use flat fan nozzles.

We love these sprayers. $170 each + shipping on ebay. Locally = $200 plus tax, no shipping.

8. PR Fect

PR Fect LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey fire dude, how did you come out with your sprayer? I have one of the two we own doing just what you say yours did. I got it narrowed down too the "Y" connector on the battery. Like yours the sprayer was only used a few times, its our back up. The other one we have used for years. Did go threw a pump on that one. We spot spray speedzone with that unit. But by switching that wire harness with the coaxial end on the new unit with the old sprayer we were able to make the new sprayer work. That "Y" harness is a odd fellow. Can not seem to find it any where else but from shurflow. It seems like a pain to send hole unit back for warranty. PR

9. firedude26

from Mich

they shipped me a new unit out, been working great!!!

10. PR Fect

PR Fect LawnSite Bronze Member

Who paid shipping? Did it take long?